Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Notes on Hamlet

Before we even began reading the play Hamlet, I had my mind set that I was going to dread it. The long soliloquies and outrageous diction was all I could think of. However, that idea has evolved. Hamlet is just like Lion King, or Lion King is just like Hamlet. It is full of comedy, suspense, and tragedy. I guess one can argue that it is just like one big novela. At first I left as if Gertrude didn't care much for Hamlet but after she sent Rosencrantz and Guildenstern over to spy on him I realized she was just like any other concerned mother. Although Hamlet is only acting crazy, I feel as if he may be becoming crazed with the idea of revenge and exposing his uncle Claudius. Because Hamlet was sent to England and Claudius is no longer at ease I can see things only getting worse and possibly more deaths soon to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment