Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sonnet Analysis Part I

I decided to change my Sonnet so here is the new one...
Sonnet to Homework by ~blackmage607,
Oh dearest homework, I do loathe you so,
Some days I just throw you against the wall,
And your work deeply affects my brain flow,
Nothing on your pages can I recall.

Your small numbers in math put me on edge,
So confusing they are hurting my head,
You make me want to jump off a high ledge,
Knowing that you're here makes me full of dread.

You are so mean and just plain tortuous,
And your weekly vocab drives me insane,
You always make me use a thesaurus,
It seems you just like to enjoy my pain.

Making sure you're done in time is a chore,
Can't you see you're not welcome anymore?!



A sonnet first of all is not long. They only contain 14 lines. This sonnet relates to each and everyone of us Seniors which is why I chose it. It is also very humorous and definitely related to our AP English class because of course we all dread those weekly vocabulary quizzes. I believe this sonnet was meant to relate and provide a fundamental way of learning sonnets to us younger learners.   

No comments:

Post a Comment